- All Maryland Transportation Authority Invitations for Bids may be obtained through https://emaryland.buyspeed.com/bso/login.jsp.
- The Maryland Transportation Authority does not pre-qualify contractors, nor do we maintain a Bidder's List.
- Bids for $100,000.00 or more must be accompanied with a bid security of 5% of the total bid amount. This can be in the form of a Bid Bond, Certified Check, Cashier's Check or Cash. If your firm is the low bidder, Performance and Payment Bonds of 100% of the bid amount are required in order to execute the contract.
- Contract solicitations are placed on the eMaryland Marketplace website a minimum of 20 days prior to Bid Opening.
- Report publishing organizations and trade journals that pick up our Contract Advertisements are: Maryland Transportation Builders and Material Association (MTBMA), 2408 Peppermill Drive, Suite F, Glen Burnie, MD 21061, 410-760-9505; and McGraw Hill/Dodge Reports, 8501 LaSalle Road, Suite 204, Towson, MD 21286, 410-821-8046.
- The Standard Specifications for Construction & Materials costs $30.00, plus $5.50 per copy, for shipping & handling. To order this manual, please send a check payable to the State Highway Administration, in care of the Cashier's Office, 211 E. Madison Street, Baltimore, MD21202. Upon receiving the check, this Administration will forward a specification book to your firm.
- If you feel your company may qualify as a Minority Business Enterprise, contact: Minority Business Enterprise Officer, Maryland Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 8755, BWI Airport, Baltimore, MD 21240, 410-865-1241.
- All successful bidders must be registered with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation, 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, 410-767-1350 and possess a valid State of Maryland Construction License. For details on obtaining the construction license, please call the State of Maryland License Bureau at 410-767-1550. Internet site http://www.dat.state.md.us/
- For other information pertaining to regulations in this state, you may need to contact the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation at 410-333-6200. Internet site www.dllr.state.md.us, the Maryland Department of the Environment at 410-631-3000 and to obtain a Federal ID Number, call the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040.
|If you have any further questions about bidding with the Maryland Transportation Authority please contact the Office of Procurement & Statutory Program Compliance, 303 Authority Drive, Baltimore, MD. 21222, (410) 537-7529 or 1-888-754-0098.|
Thank you for your interest in the Maryland Transportation Authority.