FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 26, 2013
Contact: Cheryl Sparks or Kelly Melhem, 410-537-1017
NEW TOLL RATES & OTHER CHANGES EFFECTIVE JULY 1
BALTIMORE, MD – At 12:01 a.m. on Monday, July 1, 2013, new toll rates for all vehicle classes and additional changes take effect at Maryland’s toll facilities. The new toll rates and other changes were approved by the Maryland Transportation Authority’s (MDTA) Board on Sept. 22, 2011, following a 60-day public comment period and will provide the necessary revenue to pay the debt for rehabilitating MDTA’s aging bridges, tunnels and highways and for constructing additional highway capacity in the Baltimore and Washington regions.
New two-axle toll rates at fixed toll facilities (does not include the Intercounty Connector):
· E-ZPass® Maryland Discount (commuter) rates:* $1.40 at the Fort McHenry (I-95) and Baltimore Harbor (I-895) tunnels and the Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695); $2.80 (round trip) at the John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway (I-95) and Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge (US 40); $2.10 (round trip) at the Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge (US 301); and $2.10 round trip at the Bay Bridge. These rates are 65% off the cash rates. NOTE: Customers whose accounts do not have auto-replenishment will need to check their accounts often to ensure that their accounts are funded, as balances will deplete more quickly.
· E-ZPass Maryland Standard Plan rates (10% off the cash/base rate): $3.60 at the Fort McHenry and Harbor tunnels and the Key Bridge; $7.20 at the JFK Highway and the Hatem Bridge; and $5.40 at the Bay and Nice bridges.
· Cash toll rates: $4 at the Fort McHenry and Harbor tunnels and the Key Bridge; $8 at the JFK Highway and Hatem Bridge; $6 at the Bay and Nice bridges.
· Video toll rates: $6 at the Fort McHenry and Harbor tunnels and the Key Bridge; $12 at the JFK Highway and Hatem Bridge; $9 at the Bay and Nice bridges.
*Effective July 1, plans for the Bay and Nice bridges are $52.50 for 25 trips. The Baltimore Regional Plan is $70 for 50 trips (two “trips” are used at the JFK Highway and Hatem Bridge because tolls are collected in one direction). Plans end after 45 days or when all trips are used, whichever comes first.
Additional approved changes effective July 1, 2013:
· The price of the E-ZPass Hatem Bridge Choice “A” and “B” Plans increases to $20 per year. The plans are offered for two-axle vehicles only and provide unlimited trips at the Hatem Bridge.
· All A-Series tickets for the Hatem Bridge will have expired by this date. No refunds will be provided.
· The E-ZPass Bay Bridge Shoppers Discount Plan is $30. This plan offers a 50% discount for 10 trips that are valid for 90 days, good Sunday through Thursday only.
Additional information, including new toll rates for three or more axle vehicles, is available at mdta.maryland.gov. Follow the MDTA at twitter.com/TheMDTA and facebook.com/TheMDTA.