Bay Bridge (US 50/301)
Lane Closures and Traffic Patterns
Scheduled for the Week of June 2 - 8, 2013
All work will be performed weather permitting. The MDTA urges motorists to drive with caution and obey all traffic-control devices and lane-control signals. Lane closures are subject to change and closure times are dependent on traffic volumes.
TOLL DOLLARS AT WORK
The westbound span may be closed Sunday from midnight to 5 a.m. for preservation/maintenance work. Two-way traffic will operate on the eastbound span during the full westbound span closures.
One lane of the westbound span may be closed Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for preservation/maintenance work.
REMINDER: NEW lane markings and rumble strips have been installed on the westbound span. Lane changes between the left and center lanes are PROHIBITED for the entire span.
The MDTA offers the following travel tips for the summer months:
· Travel off-peak when heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The best times to travel the Bay Bridge on weekends include:
- Thursday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Friday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Saturday before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Sunday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
Know Before You Go - call 511 or visit MD511.org. Follow the MDTA at twitter.com/TheMDTA, facebook.com/TheMDTA and mdta.maryland.gov.