OVERNIGHT FLAGGING CONTINUES ON THE NICE BRIDGE
(BALTIMORE, Md) -- The MD Transportation Authority's (MDTA) preservation project continues on the Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge (US 301) across the Potomac River. The ongoing project includes cleaning, painting and repair work that began earlier this spring and is expected to last two years.
The Nice Bridge will continue to be reduced to one lane with flagging operations alternating northbound and southbound traffic during the following overnight off-peak hours:
· Saturday through Thursday with Saturday hours from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning and Sunday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. the following morning.
Trucks greater than 10-feet wide will not be permitted to cross the bridge during flagging operations. Every effort will be made to cross all vehicles exceeding 10-feet from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Drivers of vehicles exceeding the width restriction must call 301-259-4444 to obtain approval and schedule an escort. Calls must be made one hour prior to arrival at the bridge and will only be accepted between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
When traveling through work zones:
· Slow Down Obey posted speed limits.
· Be Courteous Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you.
· Pay Attention to Work Zone Signs, Equipment and Flaggers They help drivers move safely.
· Avoid Distracted Driving Devote your full attention to the road.
Remember to follow the MDTA at twitter.com/TheMDTA and facebook.com/TheMDTA for the latest updates.
To view real-time traffic camera images on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.maryland.gov. Know Before You Go! Call 511 or visit MD511.org for statewide travel information. The MDTA thanks motorists for their patience.