**UPDATED WORK SCHEDULE**
TEMPORARY LANE CLOSURES AND ALTERNATING TRAFFIC ON NICE BRIDGE
(BALTIMORE, Md) -- The MD Transportation Authority's (MDTA) preservation project continues on the Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge (US 301) across the Potomac River. The ongoing project includes cleaning, painting and repair work that began spring 2013 and is expected to last two years.
The Nice Bridge will continue to be reduced to one lane with flagging operations alternating northbound and southbound traffic during the following updated off-peak hours:
- Daytime flagging operations Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Overnight flagging operations Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning. No work or flagging operations will occur on the same dates as Washington Redskins home games.
Drivers may observe equipment like Snooper trucks on the bridge as well as inspectors climbing and moving over the structure.
Trucks greater than 10-feet wide will not be permitted to cross the bridge during flagging operations. Every effort will be made to cross all vehicles exceeding 10-feet from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Drivers of vehicles exceeding the width restriction must call 301-259-4444 to obtain approval and schedule an escort. Calls must be made one hour prior to arrival at the bridge and will only be accepted between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
When traveling through work zones:
· Slow Down Obey posted speed limits.
· Be Courteous Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you.
· Pay Attention to Work Zone Signs, Equipment and Flaggers They help drivers move safely.
· Avoid Distracted Driving Devote your full attention to the road.
Stay Alert So No One Gets Hurt!
To view real-time traffic camera images on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.maryland.gov.
Remember to follow the MDTA at twitter.com/TheMDTA and facebook.com/TheMDTA for the latest updates.
The MDTA thanks motorists for their patience.