For information regarding Right of Entry and Utility permits contact The Division of Planning and Development, Real Estate Services at 410-537-7895 or 410-537-7898 or you may contact the Office of Engineering, Utility/Permit Coordinator at 410-537-7829.
- MDTA Permit Application (PDF Download)
The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) became an owner stakeholder member of the One Call Miss Utility Underground Facilities Damage Prevention Law in October 2010. The Miss Utility Law requires that a person or company that intends to perform an excavation or demolition in the State of Maryland must contact Miss Utility to create an underground clearance locate ticket. For more information visit Miss Utility at http://www.missutility.net/maryland/.
- Instructions for sending a locate ticket to MDTA Maryland Transportation Authority (PDF Download)
- Owner members will now have two full business days to respond to a Miss Utility ticket. For example, a locate request submitted on a Monday will require a member response by midnight on a Wednesday.
- Tickets will be good for 12 full business days after the day on which the ticket is transmitted by the On-Call system to an owner member.
- An 18-inch "no mechanized equipment" zone will become a statewide requirement for excavations or demolitions, including Montgomery County.
- Licensed architects, professional engineer, professional land surveyor and landscape architects will be able to process designer tickets for projects in the planning phase. Owner members will have 15 full business days to respond to designer tickets.
- The Maryland Department of Transportation, its administrations and the Maryland Transportation Authority will become Miss Utility owner members.
- The law authorizes the Department of Transportation, the MDOT Administrations and the Maryland Transportation Authority to collect certain fees. At this time the Maryland Transportation Authority does not collect a fee for locate tickets.
For information regarding the MDTA Miss Utility program contact the Engineering Utility/Permit Coordinator at 410-537-7829.
Hauling Permits for the Maryland Transportation Authority are processed by the Office of Traffic and Safety, State Highway Administration.
- SHA Hauling Permit Information (SHA internet page link)