TOLL DOLLARS AT WORK
Welcome to the MDTA's Toll Dollars at Work page. Here you will find a list of our major Facility Preservation Projects and Project Planning Studies.
Projects and services to operate, preserve, maintain, improve and protect MDTA's eight toll facilities are funded through the tolls customers pay to use the agency's facilities. The MDTA combines toll revenue from all facilities to pay operating costs and the debt on bonds that are issued to fund major projects.
For a full list of major capital improvement projects within the Maryland Department of Transportation's (MDOT) six year Consolidated Transportation Program (CTP) click here.
The Maryland Transportation Plan (MTP) is a 20-year vision for transportation in Maryland. The MTP outlines the State's transportation goals, policies and priorities and helps guide statewide investment decisions across all modes of transportation.
MDTA Facility Preservation Projects:
- I-95 Improvements with Express Toll Lanes (John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway, I-95)
- Pavement Resurfacing of Northbound and Southbound I-95 between MD 24 and Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge
- Removal and Replacement of Lighting Poles on I-95
- Cleaning and Painting of Structural Steel on Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge
- Deck Rehabilitation and Expansion Joint Modifications on I-95 South of Fort McHenry Tunnel
- Fatigue Retrofits along I-395 and Zone Cleaning and Painting of Bridges along I-95 South of Fort McHenry Tunnel
- Cleaning and Painting of Approach Spans on I-695 Bridge over Curtis Creek
- Rehab of Bridges on I-95 Over Herring Run and CSX
- K-Truss Approach Span Repairs
- Deck Overlay at I-695 Bridges Over CSX and Dock Road
- Cleaning, Painting and Miscellaneous Repairs on Nice Bridge
- Rewrapping and Dehumidification of Bay Bridge Main Cables
- Cleaning and Painting Structural Steel of Westbound Bay Bridge - Phase 3 (Bay Bridge, US 50/301)
MDTA Project Planning Studies:
- Baltimore Harbor Traffic Management Studies - Summary Report
- I-95 Carroll Camden Access Study - Summary Report